Monday, December 31, 2012

2012- The Year in Review

Whoooa! I seriously can not believe this year is over already!! I feel like it went by so fast - a classic sign of getting closer to riding the ol' rascal and popping geritol like its my job. I vaguely remember sitting on the beach in Hawaii last Christmas with my Cali fam contemplating what 2012 might have in store for me.... turns out I couldn't have even imagined it in my wildest Pina Colada induced dreams.
here's a brief rundown of the highlights I am actually able to remember:
January:
rung the NY in with my bro, SIL and nephew after an amazing Hawaiian Christmas

March:
totally hijacked J's trip to Orlando for a conference, got some R&R and made a splash as the best wingman ever to a friend of J's by picking up chicks for him in the bathroom (thank you open bar) and then proceeded to St Augustine where I got all hopped up on margaritas and lost a bunch of drinks to some Duke fans - i dunno its still hazy but thats the story J is telling.

May:
Got to go home to Wisconsin and see my two adorable nieces dance recitals. It was about that time i realized that those little mamas are growing up so fast and i feel like a) im super old and b) i've missed out on a lot...and am going to try to be a better aunt.
June:
got engaged to the most awesome guy in the world
July:
threw my own birthday party - yeah i'm awesome like that

saw Magic Mike- there's a lot of lawbreakers up in huuuurrrr
August:
became full blown crazy dog lady when my princess got sick. I can't live without my furbabies and I am now fully aware that I might be psychotic about it.

Sept/ Oct:
Spent most saturdays of both of these month cheering on the CATS!!! and planning 2.0. Started losing my hair
November:
2.0 - good times and many a pudding shot were had. got to see the fam and celebrate Hannah's and Jason's birthday with them. My heart nearly exploded from all the joy. happy. happy. happy.
(cats lost but we still aren't talking about that)
hosted thanksgiving dinner without burning the bird and had plenty of wine! great success!

December:
managed to finish all my christmas shopping in front of the rush without killing or maiming anyone during the holiday season- yay me!
got to spend the holiday in Las Vegas with the fam- including twin brother... he does exsist people i'm not making him up!! =)

i am not sure how i got to be so lucky in life but i am so thankful for it. i feel like the storm that followed me around over the last few years has finally passed and now i get to enjoy the rainbow.
thank you friends - i am so lucky to have you in my life. i appreciate your friendship, support, and everything you add to my life.
thank you family- for everything you have done for me and continue to do for me. Ya'll know i'm crazy and love me anyways. I appreciate your honest feedback and sarcasm =) it helps me stay on my game.
(CHEESE ALERT) thank you j- its been a whirlwind year- i don't even know where to start. thank you doesn't even begin to cut it. you've seen me at my worst and love me in spite of it. you let me go off about whatever it is. you make me laugh. you talk me down off the ledge...regularly. you are always the practical sane half. you tell me how beautiful i am everyday. you work hard on making our relationship better. i am the luckiest.girl.in.the.world!!

i am so excited to see what 2013 brings for all my friends and family - i hope it brings you all nothing but happiness and good things!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment