Monday, March 11, 2013

How very Pinteresting


Now that the wedding and holidays are over I’ve taken on a new project- de-baching this house. I guess we could just call it girling it up instead since there are a lot of empty builder beige walls. Thank goodness for Pinterest. I am pretty good at following directions and putting my spin on recreating looks I like. Not so good at coming up with shiz from scratch. What I’ve learned about Pinterest though – is that sometimes it looks really good in a picture or in my head and seems easy enough to pull off- can turn into a complete sh!t storm real fast. Patience is not one of my strong suits. I learned real fast that taking on projects is best left to when the hubs is otherwise occupado and not in the house. LOVE HIM but he is sort of a hard ass when it comes to doing stuff right and I can go from 0 to bitch face in about 3.2 seconds flat when I have someone bustin my lady balls. My goal is for it to look flawless- AT the END! He finds it hard to see the big picture when it looks like a stain crazy maniac just took a steaming heap all over the bathroom. The benefit to being older and wiser and it being 2.0? I’m smart enough to handle my craziness when he is gone and asking for his help when I need it and then going and drinking a bottle  glass of wine and letting him do his thing.
So here’s what happened in the master bath….
Before:




Now:
A little stain and some paint kick it up a notch. Paint is Behr- Mocha Accent (Home Depot)






I followed this tutorial from Pinterest for the vanity:
http://www.monicawantsit.com/2012/02/staining-oak-cabinets-espresso-color.html

If you should decide to take this project on here are a couple notes: mine took about 5 coats of stain and 3 of poly to get the look/ coverage I was going for. Be patient – it sucks but it will be worth it. Plan on having your bathroom chaotic for a good week or more if you get distracted from the project at hand.  Do not waste your hard earned cash on those stupid painters pyramids figure out some other way to hold them and just do one side at a time and allow plenty of drying time in between. I can’t tell you how many times my doors fell off those stupid things and how many cuss words I said. And at the very end when I thought I was done and turned my doors back over to start polying I had to sand and retouch a few where those suckers marred the finish- GRRRR! Don’t do it!
I removed the blah towel rack that we never used and replaced it with a shelf and hooks – that we may or may not ever use. I don’t remember the last time I actually took a bath over there- aint nobody got time for dat!
I need to figure out something cuter to put on that shelf too… I had a candle thingy but I had that shelf being much wider in my head…
   


 *please disregard all the dog toys in the background- my little crazy lady insists on them all being on the floor and not in the basket. 


And here is what I did to a big empty wall in the living room…

Pinspiration:



http://www.justthejensenfam.blogspot.com/

My edition:



Well that is all – Happy Monday  and don’t forget:








3 comments:

  1. Is there supposed to be a "J" for Jeremy? Or is the M for Murphy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Susie!! M for Murphy... i thought about doing our first initials too in smaller letters but i wasn't sure if the double M thing would look weird or not. i've still got some room to work with so that may end up happening someday!

    ReplyDelete